Okay - now for Veteran's Day post #2!!! Working for the state, Mark had the day off of work yesterday. The kids, however, did not get out of school. SO, we had our first annual "Veteran's Day Date"!!! We had a great time - just the two of us. Above, you will see some of the hotspots we visited.
Since this is a time of year where we are focusing on things we are thankful for, I have compiled a list of things I am thankful for following our date:
1. I am thankful that we had a chance to drive around looking for "cool" flag pictures to snap for our new blog (I'm lovin' this thing!).
2. I am thankful for "The Store". If you haven't been to this place in South Jackson, you must go! I have no idea where this stuff comes from, but it is cheap!!! I did ask once, and they said they get it from wrecked trucks that, as a result, have damaged goods. I don't know about you, but I don't see THAT many wrecked trucks on the side of the road hoarding numerous amounts of granola bars and fruit snacks. ANYWAY, I went looking for "class" snacks for both kids for this month - snacks for 44 kids for just $4!!! By the way, they are open on Mondays now!!!!
3. I am thankful for Wal-Mart. What would we do without it??? Enough said.
4. I am thankful for Goodwill! Yes, you are seeing correctly - there are not 1, not 2, but 3 different pictures of the Goodwill sign (notice they are all different). That's not just because it's one of our favorite places to find "treasures", but because we actually visited ALL 3 OF THOSE yesterday. Sad thing about it, though, we only found 1 thing and spent a whoppin' $3.49. (But Kinlee is gonna look really cute in that Old Navy jumper on Sunday!!!) The real fun is in the search, though, and if you happen to find something good - it's an added bonus!!!
5. I am thankful that gas prices are going down! We snapped this picture at the Humboldt Wal-Mart on our way to Jackson. Of course, we didn't need gas (I had filled up at the same place the day before for .10 more a gallon), but if I HAD needed it, it was really cheap!!!
6. I am thankful for shopping centers that hold more than one store. Reason being, Mark says that Hobby Lobby is "no man's land", and I think Best Buy is too loud!!! So, off we went for a short time alone.....
7. I am thankful for OLIVE GARDEN! One of my favorite places to eat! It was crowded, and by the time we finally got our soup and breadsticks (glad we didn't order real food - we would still be there!), they tasted even better!!!
8. Last but certainly not least (if you have stayed with me this long), I am thankful for being married to a man that wants to spend his day off with little ol' me. That's right - he didn't want to sleep in, didn't want to hang around the house flipping channels, and didn't want to just lay low. Instead, he went with me to all of my favorite hotspots (and his - with the exception of Hobby Lobby), and waited patiently while I looked around at "stuff" and then finally left with nothing, only to say "Did you want to go to that other Goodwill?" I am thankful for the little "inside" jokes that we share and laugh hysterically about, while others would just look at us and say, "I don't get it!" We have lots of fun together, and I think that's what it's all about.
Thank you, Mark - it was a great day!!!