1. I am thankful for life itself.
2. I am thankful for a wonderful husband who works so hard at what he does. I don't just mean at his job, but also at his life as a Christian, a father, and a husband. He strives to do his best, please others, and most of all, please God.
3. I am thankful for 2 healthy kiddos who love life. I am amazed at their enthusiasm (okay, tired at it sometimes, too), their energy, and their sponge-like selves. I almost feel "guilty" sometimes for their health - of course, we have our share of colds, ear infections, snotty noses, etc... - but I try to constantly remind myself of how lucky we are that neither of them has a serious illness. I admire parents of kiddos that do, and thank God daily that mine are healthy.
4. I am thankful that I was born into and raised in a Christian home. I am thankful for loving parents who taught me right from wrong, and now I am able to pass that along to my kids, as well.
5. I am thankful for in-laws who love me as their own. It doesn't hurt that Mark's mom never had the daughter 'she always wanted' - (her words exactly)!!!!
6. I am thankful that I am able to stay at home. I know that both kiddos are in school now, and I don't have any "little bodies" around here with me during the day on a regular basis (unless you count Noodle, but that's another story in and of itself). However, I am reminded of how blessed I am when I am able to stay home with one that is sick, able to attend school functions with no trouble, and able to help others during the day that I otherwise wouldn't be able to do if I worked a full-time job outside of my home. I am aware that the economy stinks right now, and only God knows the future. I pray that he will guide us in our decisions if "worse comes to worse". But, for now, I am thankful...
7. I am thankful for a church home full of people who have the same goal! After moving last year, it was only a matter of time before I began to form bonds with some special people in our congregation. I know that if it weren't for my contacts at church, meeting people - the right kind of people - would have been much harder!
8. Back to the kiddos, I am thankful for kids who have the ability to learn without trouble. (Although Kinlee came to me very disgusted this morning proclaiming that she "will not be able to go to the second grade!" if she didn't get better at counting money!!!) I think we can deal with that! I love watching them do homework, listening to them read, and watching them learn new things. I am not naive enough to think that we will never encounter bumps in learning, but for now, we're good.....
9. I am thankful for a nice house, nice things, and the pleasure of being "comfortable". Especially on the cold nights we've been having recently, I am reminded of those who are less fortunate than I am. I hope to never take for granted what God has given us, and hope to always use it to his glory!
10. I am thankful for this blog. How else can I keep in touch with family and friends, while creating memories that will last for our family!
Thank you for sticking with it if you actually made it to the end. That was very therapeutic - you oughta try it!!!