Sunday, January 11, 2009

The "Jealousy Bug" Didn't Win This Time...:)

This weekend, the kids and I (Mark is still quarantined) headed up to the Middle School gym to the Gibson Co. Freethrow Shoot contest. All of the schools in the area hold a school-wide competition. The winners of that go to the contest that we went to on Saturday. Then the winners of that go on to another contest, etc..... until the finalists end up in Massachusetts!

Well, when Parker left for school last Monday, he was very excited to be competing in the school-wide competition later that day. When I picked him up from school, he was still VERY excited - he almost couldn't wait to get into the van to tell me how it went. However, he wasn't excited for himself this time. His good buddy, Hunter, won the competition and was to compete Saturday at the Middle School. After he got done telling me that Hunter had shot 10 out of 10 and that we HAD to go to the shoot on Saturday, I asked him how HE had done. He said, "Oh, I was 0 for 4, but Hunter hit them all!!!" I was so proud of how excited he was for SOMEONE ELSE! Of course, I was NOT going to turn down his request (even though it meant me getting up early on Saturday morning), and we headed out. Above are some pictures of Parker and Hunter. We have both told Parker several times how it takes a true friend to be excited and not jealous at another's accomplishments. Hunter ended up winning this past Saturday, and will compete this NEXT Saturday in a Regional competition. Any ideas where we'll be bright and early Saturday morning?........Way to go, Parker - we're proud of you!!!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

wow! way to go Parker's friend Hunter and way to go Parker! Way to cheer on and be there for your friend!
THANK you guys so much for the present for Jack! That was so thoughtful and cute! He was very excited about having his very own alarm clock! :) The "school" card was so cute- it's on his bulletin board. He can't wait to go to school tomorrow. I'm in AL all week- if Parker changes to an AL fan this week, let me know and I'll bring home some Roll Tide stuff- hee hee

Wendi said...

YAY!! Way to go Parker!!! That is really sweet!:)