Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Okay, another week come and gone. Here are the "thankfuls" I have found in this past week:
  1. I am thankful for life itself.
  2. I am thankful for living in a small town. Even though we don't have a Wal-Mart (*gasp*) or lots of "good" eating places, I love the convenience of a small town. Everything is "just right down the road", and a lot of it is within walking distance. I love when I have errands downtown - I like to put on my walkin' shoes and head out. I don't do it as often as I should, of course, but as the weather is getting nicer, I see it happening more and more!
  3. Speaking of small towns, I am thankful for our garbage men. This is the first town I have ever lived in where the garbage man actually comes up your driveway, locates your trash cans, takes the trash to the street, and returns it for you!! How awesome is that?! (He may not think so, but I think it is so cool!)
  4. I am thankful for the much nicer weather we've been having lately. I know that we are supposed to be getting some cooler temps. here pretty soon, and we had some nasty wind and rain yesterday, but the fact that I got to open my windows even one day was a treat!!
  5. I am thankful for "miscellaneous" money-making opportunities. I am gearing up for my Spring/Summer Consignment Sale, and that is always a fun, exciting time. The past two days, I have been asked to keep the baby of the kids' music teacher at school. His name is Jacob and he is almost 4 mo. old. (His regular babysitter's kids are sick). It has been a lot of fun, and I appreciate the extra money it brings.
  6. I am thankful for Valentine's Day. I love Valentine's day stuff - hearts, chocolate, love.....Mark and I are going out on a date (a real - grown-up date) tomorrow night. I am really looking forward to it!!
  7. I am thankful for people in our congregation who are always ready and willing to keep our kiddos. One of the hardest things we've encountered moving to a new place is finding people who we trust to keep our kids. A super sweet couple (the Fly's) are keeping the kids tomorrow night for us. I am thankful that they have positive Christian role models in their life.
  8. I am thankful for free bowling coupons. That's right, we used another (and our final) round the other night. It was just one game, but we had a great time!!
  9. I am thankful for today being Thursday - I get my Sonic diet coke today!!
  10. I am thankful for the weekend being just right around the corner. We are headed to MS on Saturday to my parents' - my sister and her 2 kiddos will be there, too. I am thankful that "the cousins" will get to spend a few hours together!!!
  11. Finally, I am thankful for band-aids. While fixing breakfast this morning, I sliced more than an English muffin. My thumb got in the way!!! I am thankful for bandaids and that we actually had some in the house (not always the case). I ended up with 2 regulars and a Spiderman, and I had a Hello Kitty waiting in the helm if I needed it!!!

Okay, your turn!!!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Great list!! What fun you will all have on Saturday:):)
What are you getting Mark? I am still thinking....we have a grown up date too:)Where are you all going?
Chat later:):)

Sasha said...

Hello Kitty Bandaids are my fave! :o)