Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Another week come and gone - here are the blessings the past week has brought my way:
  1. I am thankful for life itself.
  2. I am thankful for kids who set their alarms to get up early enough to snuggle in bed with dad before school.
  3. I am thankful that almost ALL of our Girl Scout cookies are delivered and money collected.
  4. I am thankful that I am continuing this week, and maybe longer, to keep that sweet 2 year old that I mentioned last week. She is so fun, keeps me on my toes, and loves to be "on the run" - my kind of gal!
  5. I am thankful that Mark has made it through the month of Feb. at work with flying colors. He has had 3 or 4 pretty major conferences with some pretty major people and they have all turned out wonderfully - good job, Mark!!!
  6. I am thankful for Lads to Leaders. I have enjoyed watching and helping Parker and Kinlee prepare for scripture readings and speeches. I am thankful that this program helps us do what we need to be doing anyway - stop long enough in this fast paced world to focus on what's really important.
  7. I am thankful for sleepovers tomorrow night. Parker is having a friend over here, and Kinlee is invited to a slumber party - it is a lot of fun for them, and reminds me how thankful I am that they have both made some good friends since the move.
  8. I am thankful for my brother, Ted, and how hard he is working at his new job. He has had some major career changes and decisions in the past few months, and I am proud of how he has handled them all.
  9. I am thankful for a nice police officer who gave me another chance and didn't write me a ticket today. I was on my way to meet Mark for lunch in a town about 15 minutes from here, didn't see the Reduced Speed Limit sign, and got pulled over. I happened to be on the phone with Mark at the time and told him I needed to go because there were blue lights behind me. The officer was very nice and let me go with a warning. (Okay, it may have had something to do with the fact that Mark showed up on the scene, the officer recognized him from a previous work-related court appearance, saw his State badge, and told me just to slow down). Whatever the reason, I am thankful.
  10. I am thankful that my list of consignors for my upcoming sale continues to fill up - here's hoping for another successful sale this time around.

Okay - that does it for this week - your turn.....

No comments: