Thursday, March 12, 2009

Out of Pocket.....

Just to let everyone know, I am in West Virginia this week. Some people go to Florida for Spring break, I go to Middlebourne, WV (and I love it!) It's the kind of place where you HAVE to relax, because there isn't a whole lot else TO do. As a matter of fact, they used to sell a T-shirt in the drugstore here in town that said, "Middlebourne Night Life" and below it was a big black box. That pretty much sums it up! My grandmother and a lot of my mom's family live here and I really enjoy the slow-paced life here. I'm not saying I want to change my entire lifestyle or anything, but it sure does help to put things in perspective.

Sad thing is, though, that Mark did not get to come with us. I am missing him terribly, but we are able to talk "in spurts" on the phone while I stand outside on the driveway in the freezing cold because that's the only place I can get a LITTLE BIT of service. (See what I mean). I am at the library now on the computer, as a matter of fact.

SO, my point of this blog is to let you know that you probably won't hear much from me in the next week or so, but I promise to have pictures from the trip when I return!! Until then, I'll be checking yours (when I can get to the library)!! :o)

3 comments:

Arika said...

Brandon is from East Kentucky just across the river from WV. I know EXACTLY what you mean by slow-paced lifestyle and no cell service! Ha. :) Hope you enjoy your trip! We'll look forward to all the pics when you return!

Brittany said...

Have a great trip!!! We have missed you and will be waiting for your post with lots of pics when you get back:)

Wendi said...

Hey there!! We will be down to Mamaws tomorrow afternoon. You can use At&t now in Middlebourne....but I know my parents Verizon does not work:(

Anyway..I will be down tomorrow..to do nothing..LOL!:):)

You can use my parents computer:)