Monday, December 22, 2008

Ornament Party

Last Thursday, I attended a Ladies Ornament Party with some women from the congregation where we attend. We had a great time! There were so many great-looking packages to choose from, great company, wonderful food, and beautiful ornaments. Here is a picture of me and some of the "girls" that were there, along with the ornament I came home with.

Here are two of the older ladies that were there, too. Yeah, I know what you're thinking - they are so sweet...... DON'T BE FOOLED!!! These ladies were out to get just the ornament THEY wanted and they formed an alliance to do it!! I was pre-warned that Ms. Fern (the one on the right) really gets her feelings hurt if you "steal" her ornament. Well, someone else obviously didn't get the memo, because her ornament was taken! GLOVES OFF!! The sweet-mannered Ms. Fern got mean! She and her cohort beside her proceeded to steal from practically everyone in the room that night, and somehow ended up with what they started with!!! Don't know how that happened exactly, but noone argued (we knew better!) All joking aside, they really are sweet and seemed to have a really good time - we all did!!!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks like fun!! I just love all the parties this time of year!!:):)

Jill said...

that is hilarious! I HATED I missed it- I was stuck in Birmingham for work.
Merry Christmas!!!