Okay, so on Becky's last post, she was given a letter by another blogger, and was asked to list 10 things about that letter that mean something to her. I commented on Becky's blog and told her I, too, was up for the challenge. So, here it goes. The letter I have been assigned is "B":
1. Becky - If it weren't for my friend, Becky, I would not be sitting at this here computer, racking my brain for 10 "B" things! On a serious note, though, Becky has been and continues to be a great friend. Whether it's late night trips to Wal-Mart, trudging down the road 1 hour each way to bring LB to Kinlee's parties, or just lending a listening ear, Becky has been a true friend! (Is that why you gave me the letter B??? :))
2. Bible - Not that an explanation is needed on this one, but without this special book, I would truly be lost! Although I have to admit that I, like so many of us, don't spend near the amount of time in it that I need to, I am glad we have it. In it, we read of so many stories that can help us through our everyday struggles, and so many applicable verses, as well.
3. Brownies - Brownies are a good thing! In fact, my oven is heating up as we "speak" for a batch of those chocolate yummies!!!!!
4. Blankets - Nothing is better than wrapping up in a warm, snuggly blanket on the couch with the people I love. There's just something about it that makes me smile!!
5. Blake - Parker's middle name. This name is very special to me because it was also my Grandpa's middle name. I am glad that I have a son that can carry on that family name. Papaw was such a special man, and we all miss him very much. It is my hope that Parker can "wear" the name proudly and give it the respect it deserves.
6. Billy - For those of you who may not know it, this is actually Mark's first name. He was named after his dad, Billy Hugh Finton. He doesn't go by that name, obviously, and often jokes that his mom gave him WAY too many names. Deep down, though, I know how much he loved his dad, and I know he is glad to have his name tied to his own.
7. Buttered popcorn - isn't it yummy?! Even though it leaves stains on my kids' shirts at the movies, and even though it will make you gain 50 lbs. just smelling it - it's a good thing!!!
8. Black and Gold - our town's school colors. Since moving to our new home, we have already created some very fun memories by donning our black and gold attire and heading out to the games on Friday night during football season. Until they build the new stadium that they are talking about, we live within walking distance of the existing one. There's nothing more "home town-y" than to walk to the game, hear the band as you get closer, and cheer on your hometown team once you arrive. I can't help but picture Parker in his black and gold uniform one of these days!!!
9. Books - One of my favorite things to do when the kids were small was to read them books. I can remember pointing to pictures and saying their names, watching their chubby little fingers open the flaps on the flap books, and now to hear them read books to me. It is amazing the transformation that only a few years can make...
10. Blessings - Although many of mine have been listed here, that doesn't begin to touch them all! God has blessed me so much, and I hope to live everyday of my life, striving to make the most of those blessings and to never take them for granted.
Okay, so, that was practically painless! Anyone else up for the challenge? If so, leave me a comment and I'll send you a letter - come on - it's not so bad!!!
1 day ago