Tuesday, February 3, 2009

God Loves a Cheerful Giver

In my Kindergarten Bible class on Wednesday nights, our next few lessons center around "Worship". This week's lesson is about giving. To help the kids understand the importance of giving and how they, even at a young age, can take part in this, I made each of them a "Giving Pouch". My mom actually came up with this idea a couple of years ago when she made one for each of my Grandmother's great-granddaughter's out of my Grandpa's ties. It is a really cute idea and SUPER easy. Here are the steps:
First, take an old tie and cut it about 13-14 inches from the point.
Second, hem the "cut" edge of the tie by turning it down about 1/2 inch and stitching across. Fold the skinnier end up about 3/4 of the way. NOTE: Not shown here, but before sewing the sides of the "pouch", remember to sew your piece of velcro to this part FIRST. After sewing the velcro, then you can sew the sides of the pouch.
After the sides are sewn, sew another piece of velcro to inside of the "pointed" flap.
Now you are ready to fold over the flap, velcro it shut, and save your money for worship services. I hope these directions/pictures were clear enough. If not, leave me a comment and I'll try to clarify!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

My kids still have theirs...but I have to say I didnt know your mom made them!! I should have thanked her!!!!

The kids love them:):)