Here is how it all happened - a new (to us) car was defnitely NOT in the plan anytime soon. But, Mark's 1995 Nissan red truck that we have had for 8 years finally bit the dust! When you start having vehicle problems (transmission, air conditioning, ....) that will cost more than the poor truck is worth, it's time to do something. SO, to ebay we went, and here we are. He found a great deal on this one in Memphis, traveled there (gunning his truck just to get it up to 20 mph because the transmission was shot), and bargained his face off. We love it. When he got home with it, we all had to take shifts "riding around" in it because we couldn't all fit in it at once. It is going to be awesome (at 30+ miles to the gallon) for all the day-traveling that Mark has to do. Basically, as he describes it, it is a "people mover"....
Some drawbacks to the car? Well....
- Mark's face and head are terribly sunburned from all of his travels with the top down.
- Mark has yet to find a "cool" way to get in and out of it because it is so low to the ground.
- Mark sat at the McDonald's drive thru for quite sometime the other day waiting for the lady to take his order because his car was so low, she couldn't even see him.
- When he did finally get his coke ordered and drove around to the window, the poor lady had to lean so far down out of the window that she almost joined him in his cart.
- You can't take these cars through the automatic car wash (with the top up, of course) - Kinlee and I tried that one.....Hey, leave us alone - we wanted to surprise him!!!:) I think it worked ;)
Other than that, it is a great addition to our family!!! All kidding aside, we are very blessed to even be able to work another vehicle into the mix. Mark and I haven't gotten to go in it together yet (you know....2 kids at home and all), but as soon as they go back to school, we have a day trip planned with the top down - we'll just be sure to bring the sunscreen!!!:)