Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Well, it's that time again. Time to reflect on the past week and list the things I am thankful for. So, here it goes:
  1. I am thankful for life itself.
  2. I am thankful for a fun snow day yesterday - we had a great day!
  3. I am thankful for enough "flexibility" in employment that Mark could spend the day with us.
  4. I am thankful that my "snow day crash" was not any worse than it was - I am very sore this morning, but I can live with that!
  5. I am thankful that Mark only fell down TWO of the attic steps yesterday instead of FIVE - he, too, is very sore today, but it could have been a lot worse!
  6. I am thankful for kids who are growing and maturing as they should. Although each "phase" comes with its own challenges, I am thankful that they are healthy and happy.
  7. I am thankful for sweet voices on the other end of the phone - I don't know about you, but I LOVE hearing my kids talk to me on the phone. Kinlee called from school just a few minutes ago to let me know she had no idea where her lunch money was. After I explained to her that I wrote a check last week for "a lot of days", she sweetly answered, "Okey-dokey - we have a substitute - bye!" :)
  8. I am thankful for Mark's job. In the nation's present state of "uncertainty" for so many, I am grateful that his job is safe for now. He works hard at what he does and makes a big difference in a lot of people's lives.
  9. I am thankful for mid-week church services. It is just the "pick-me-up" that I seem to need right about then. It was an added bonus that last night was Singing Night!!
  10. I am thankful for MY health and happiness.

Okay, your turn - what are you thankful for today???

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Great list. I have no clue what I'm going to put on my Thankful Thursday yet... Ahhhh!

Thanks for the compliment. I've been trying to figure out how to change my header for days!! I got my header picture from photobucket. I saved it to my computer and edited it in picasa to put my blog title on it. I then exported it to a folder and when I did that I was able to change the size of it to fit my blog. I had to make it smaller in order for it to fit. It sounds complicated, but once you find your picture and download picasa it really isn't.