Monday, April 27, 2009

One Final Puppet Party

Okay, so, I am beginning to think that we just LOOK for parties to have so we can eat! I mean, how many puppet parties does one group need?! Nevertheless, we gathered together yesterday afternoon for one final blow-out. This time, it was to celebrate our success at Lads to Leaders, and again, EAT! As I said in a previous "Thankful Thursday" list, I have really enjoyed these projects that Mark and I tackle together. For this particular event, I was in charge of the food, and Mark was in charge of entertaining the masses after we ate. For our refreshments, I planned ice-cream sundaes. The kids got to "build" their own with various toppings that were provided. It was nice treat on a much warmer day, and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. If you will, please notice the pictures below. Notice how the kids are in nice lines, taking turns - a place for everything, and everything in it's place, if you will...
Again, please notice the children sitting politely eating their sundaes, smiling for the camera....
(also notice Mark in the background "chowing down" on his own creation):)
NOW, please notice the picture below of what I like to call, "Red Rover Gone Terribly Wrong!". That's right - this picture is from the part of the party that MARK was in charge of!!! Looks like fun, right?!Let me just say, in case you are wondering, yes, this child survived, and yes, Mark's team won. (That IS what it's all about, isn't it??!!) All joking aside, we had a great time, and I really did appreciate Mark's help (can't say for sure that Wade did, though!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha..I am laughing at the red rover game. I found you guys after searching thru, ummm I think Brittney and Todd lewis blog list. Glad to see the kids are doing good, Do they love there new school? Ronnie also has facebook, and I have myspace so if you on there look us up.

Sasha said...

Love the way you built up to that!! It made me laugh... always like laughing! ;o)

Wendi said...

That was funny!! Your sundaes did look very organized:)